Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Excitement - or fear - Building


Although the trip is still six months away I am starting to get excited. The first meeting, getting our questionnaire packets and investigating practical travel tips have all led to this excitement. However, the investigating part reminded me of the pain involved. Physical pain due to getting shots. Augh. It is advised that anyone traveling to Zambia gets vaccinations including but not limited to: Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, Rabies. OUCH! That is a lot of shots! Not to mention malaria medication and getting checked for parasites upon our return.
Ok, now, I am the mother of four - I toyed with the idea of being a coroner at one time in my life - I enjoyed the book Stiff about the lives of medical cadavers. However, I don't know if I can handle this one. I distinctly remember having to scape my son's dirty diapers into a container which I than took to the doctor - twice a week for a few months - when he came home from Haiti. And that grossed me out. SO the thought of possibly having to do that - minus the diapers - for myself, my husband and children is just, well, quite freaky!
Now tell me, is this feeling rising from the pit of my stomach excitement? or fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment