Sunday, December 5, 2010

Abigail








We had the privilege of meeting and spending time with lots of children. But one little girl named Abigail captured my heart. She lives at the farm because her father is one of the caretakers. She has a loving family and a gentle spirit. Although she could not speak English (except Hello and How are you - which were spoken often) we seemed to connect. I spent my free time pushing her on the swing, listening to her sing, walking around the property, and hopping on one foot with her - not as easy an accomplishment as it used to be. During the campfire on our last night at the farm while the other children were singing and laughing she got off her chair and came over to sit on my lap. My heart soared. Thank you, Abigail, for bringing a smile to my face and love to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment