Friday, February 25, 2011

Blessed

This is my dad. And I'm sure I will be grounded once he sees I put his photo up here but I just had to. He is a great man. He continually allows God to use him to bless others. From my earliest memories he has been blessing people. And this past week I was, once again, the recipient of that blessing. You see, the day after our car broke down my dad drove a total of about six hours to come up here and help. He tinkered with the engine for a minute and it started. Then he followed me home just in case it broke down again. And he is planning on giving it a tune up to see if it will last just a little bit longer.

God's mercies truly are new every morning. His hope and peace and joy and blessings can be seen fresh every morning - no matter what our circumstances. And what a load was lifted off my shoulders when I looked up and saw my dad pulling into the parking lot.

May we all allow God to use us, our time and resources to bless someone else. Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment